Updated: Mar 18
The Mexican version of a quick fried cake, churros are incredible tasty treats that couldn't be easier to make with LusOasis's Pancake and Waffle Mix!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
LusOasis Sweet & Savory Pancake and Waffle Mix - 1 cup
Your choice of vegan milk or water - 1 cup (canned coconut milk used here)
Vegetable oil of your choice to fry
1. In a sauce pan, boil vegan milk or water. Turn off the flame and then add the LusOasis Pancake and Waffle Mix.
2. Stir with a spatula, mix well to form soft dough. Make sure that the dough is slightly on the thinner side as it is easy to squeeze out. Let the dough cool to lukewarm, ~ 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag with a star nozzle. If you don’t have a pastry bag, you could use a zip lock bag and cut a small hole at the corner to squeeze out the dough.
4. In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil and heat to 375°F. Holding the pastry bag a few inches above the oil, carefully pipe churros into 6" long ropes. Use kitchen scissors to cut off dough from pastry bag.
5. Fry the churros until they are golden brown and crisp, turning as necessary. Take care not to over crowd the pan.
6. Remove the churros when they are done and drain them on a paper towel lined dish.
7. Enjoy right away or pair with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips: Here we tried our Sweet & Savory flavor. The same recipe can expand to our classic Raw Chocolatey and even Gourmet Spicy or Tomato & Basil for a taste carnival!